5-year-old Hospitalized by Rattlesnake Bite at Centex State Park
Emily Rose Oehler was having fun in a picnic area of the park when her mother heard her running around the corner yelling "snake". The western diamondback rattler had bit Emily on the ankle requiring a trip to the hospital for anti-venom. She first went to the hospital in Burnet and was then flown to Dell Children's Medical Center. See video of Emily here.
Emily remains in the hospital and is responding to the anti-venom. We wish her a speedy recovery. This story reminds all of us to keep a careful eye out when visiting parks. Snakes will be on the move as the weather warms up in the weeks and months ahead.