Copperas Cove Woman Displaced After Friday Morning Fire
A Copperas Cove woman was displaced Friday after her home was destroyed by a fire.
Firefighters responded to reports of smoke billowing from a house in the 700 block of Soth 5th Street around 8 a.m. The woman who lived in the home managed to escape without injury, but the structure was a total loss.
Witnesses said the fire may have started when the woman tried to light a candle too close to her oxygen tank. However, the incident remains under investigation.