Dog Saves Family from Temple House Fire
Two people were hospitalized but safe after their dog alerted them to a fire that destroyed their home early Sunday morning.
Temple Fire and Rescue responded to the fire at 1318 South 41st around 4:30 AM. When they arrived, flames were engulfing most of the wood-frame, single family home.
Two people who had been asleep in the home managed to escape after their dog woke them up. One of the occupants was seriously injured and will undergo treatment at the Parkland Burn Center in Dallas. The other escaped with minor injuries.
The fire was under control by 5:06 AM. By the time the flames were extinguished, the home had sustained heavy structural damage, rendering it uninhabitable.