Heavy Rain Causes Multiple Road Closures In Central Texas
Heavy Rains Thursday morning have caused creeks and streams to rise rapidly today throughout central Texas!
TxDOT officials had been diverting traffic onto access roads after shutting down the highway this morning near mile marker 306, adjacent to FM 1237/Pendleton Road between Troy and Temple. TxDOT says 6 to 12 inches of rain fell on the roadway as storm clouds rolled through the area today.
There was also water covering the roadway near mile marker 308, officials said. Drivers should find an alternate route through that area or exercise extreme caution.
The Temple Daily Telegram is also reporting the following water covered roadways in the area:
- The bridge at Summers Mill on FM 1123 has water on the roadway
- Pendleton Road (FM 1237)
- The East & Westbound lanes on the NW HK Dodgen Loop
- North & Southbound lanes on SH 95. Inbetween FM 93 and FM 437
- Southbound lanes are closed in Troy along Main street (FM 935)
- Old Highway 95 and FM 436 is partially underwater.