KISD Middle School Evacuated
Parents of students of Liberty Hill Middle School in Killeen received emails this morning about an evacuation at the school after smoke was detected in one of the classrooms.
The email read as such:
Good morning Liberty Hill parents,
At 10:31 a.m. this morning, Tuesday, October 27, Liberty Hill students and staff were safely evacuated from the school building when smoke was observed coming from a classroom. The Killeen fire department responded to the alarm and determined that the smoke had been caused by an air conditioner motor. At no time was anyone in danger and the faulty motor has been repaired.
All safety precautions were followed as outlined in our campus safety plan. Both staff and students executed evacuation procedures perfectly.
The fire department cleared the building at 11:30 a.m. and the school day resumed with a modified schedule to accommodate missed lunch periods.
We extend our appreciation to the Killeen fire department for responding within seconds to the alarm. We also applaud our staff and students for acting quickly, purposefully and flawlessly.
As of 12:00 Noon today (Oct. 27th), there are no reports of any injuries and the school day has resumed. We'll keep you updated on this story as we receive more information.