Planning Your Trick-or-Treating Routes: Local Sex Offender Map
Halloween, (the best holiday ever in my honest opinion), is just around the corner and if you and your children are responsible trick-or-treaters, you're probably about to start mapping out your route. But do you know who really lives in your neighborhoods?
The organization known for monitoring convicted sex offenders, Family Watchdog, reminds all of us how important it is to be aware of who's giving out candy on your trick-or-treat route here in Central Texas.
While some people think it's not right to publicize this public information, please keep this in mind: they committed a crime - potentially a crime that could harm your children and if you didn't know they were there, shouldn't you for your child's safety?
We did a search of some of the popular Central Texas cities including Temple, Killeen, Belton, Salado and Copperas Cove.
Here is a legend for the maps below - for more detailed maps, visit www.familywatchdog.us and type in the zip code you and your family plan to trick-or-treat in. Local maps found below the legend.
OFFENSE AGAINST A CHILD
- Light Red = Offenders Home
- Dark Red = Another location of the offender
- Light Purple = Offenders Home
- Dark Purple = Another location of the offender
- Yellow = Offenders Home
- Orange = Another location of the offender
- Light Green = Offenders Home
- Dark Green = Another location of the offender
- About 283 mapped offenders/29 un-mapped
- 246 mapped offenders / 19 un-mapped
- 130 mapped offenders / 12 un-mapped