Public Hearings Will Address Fate of The HOP Transit Service
The first of five public hearings concerning the HOP public transportation system was held in Killeen Wednesday night. The Hill Country Transit District, which operates the HOP, plans to close three routes in Killeen. Routes that may be removed from HOP service include the following:
- Route 7, which runs in southwest Killeen
- Route 21, which runs in central Killeen
- Route 30, which runs through southeast Killeen.
Disabled residents in south Killeen could also have their service removed. The Killeen Daily Herald reports that more public hearings are scheduled for Copperas Cove, Temple, and Belton. They are scheduled for the following dates:
- Aug. 8, 5 p.m., at the Copperas Cove Police Department.
- Aug. 9, 5 p.m. on the third floor of the Temple Public Library.
- Aug. 10, 5 p.m. at the Harris Community Center in Belton.