The folks in the Northwest are suffering with a lot of heat this summer. A power company worker found out something the folks in South are familiar with already. A water bottle in a car could be trouble.

We've all taken a magnifying glass to an ant hill before. But what some people fail to realize is that a water bottle can work like a magnifying glass on a sunny day.

The Statesman is reporting that Idaho power company employee David Richardson had two holes burned into his car seat because of his water bottle.

A test showed sunlight going through a water bottle raised the temperature of a piece of paper to 250 degrees.

This is something I'm guilty of. I would rather grab a bottle of water then fill up a Yeti, or some other tumbler. Might want to invest in one of those now, I think.