CBD is not only taking the human medicinal world by storm, it looks to take the pet health industry by storm as well.
According to KXXV, analysts predict pet and animal CBD product sales will reach $125 million by 2022.Dylan Marshall, with New Heights CBD in Harker Heights, says about 40 percent of his business is pet oriented, with many pet owners using CBD to help calm anxious pets.
Cannabidiol is a popular natural remedy used for many common ailments. CBD is one of over 100 chemical compounds known as cannabinoids found in the cannabis or marijuana plant. THC cause the high related to cannabis while CBD is not psychoactive.
CBD oil is made by extracting CBD from the cannabis plant, then diluting it with a carrier oil like coconut or hemp seed oil.
In the past few years it has really taken off in the wellness world. Many claims are made about what it can do. Healthline.com put together a list of 7 scientifically proven benefits of CBD.
- Can Relieve Pain
- Could Reduce Anxiety and Depression
- Can Alleviate Cancer-Related Symptoms- CBD may help reduce symptoms related to cancer and side effects related to cancer treatment, like nausea, vomiting and pain.
- May Reduce Acne
- Might Have Neuroprotective Properties
- Could Benefit Heart Health- Lowers blood pressure
- Several Other Potential Benefits- CBD is thought to provide the following health benefits:
Substance abuse treatment
Marijuana-derived CBD products are illegal on the federal level but are legal under some state laws. Hemp-derived CBD products (with less than 0.3 percent THC) are legal on the federal level but are still illegal under some state laws.