Share The Love This Valentine’s Day With These Sweet Cocktail Recipes
With Valentine's Day coming up, instead of just grabbing a bottle of hooch and calling it a day, try some of these cocktail recipes guaranteed to sweeten up your sweetheart.
Guys, it's easy to just go get flowers and a bottle of wine. What your lady really wants is to see you doing something special for her. So, take it from me, who's been divorced 12 times, put some effort into your gifts.
Case and point, instead of just going to the liquor store and grabbing a bottle and calling it a day, make her some of these sweet concoctions. You can play bartender and who knows, maybe she'll tip you later.
So take note, here are some tasty cocktails to really show the love this Valentine's Day.
Valentine's Day Cocktail Recipes
1. Chocolate-Covered Cherry Shooters
- 2 (1.5 fluid ounces) jiggers of amaretto liqueur
- 1 teaspoon grenadine syrup
- 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream
Who doesn't like chocolate-covere3d cherries? Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, and pour in the amaretto, grenadine syrup, chocolate syrup, and heavy cream. Shake well, and strain into shot glasses. Careful, this one is very, very tasty.
(via All Recipes)
2. Godiva Chocolate Martini
- 1 1/2 ounces of Godiva original chocolate liqueur
- 1 1/2 ounces Creme de Cacao
- 1/2 ounce vanilla vodka
- 2 1/2 ounces half-and-half
- chocolate syrup, for the rim
Perfect for the chocolate lover. Mix all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake. Then, pour it into a chilled cocktail glass that is rimmed with chocolate syrup. Your taste buds are gonna thank you.
3. Viagra Shot
- 1/3 oz green creme de menthe
- 1/3 oz white creme de cacao
- 1/2 oz Bailey’s Irish cream
- 1/2 oz amaretto almond liqueur
Blend the ingredients, add ice, strain into a sexy glass… and watch as the evening unfolds.
(via Mixed Drink World)
4. Scarlet Kiss
- 1.5 fluid ounce raspberry vodka
- 1.5 fluid ounce strawberry vodka
- 1 fluid ounce lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- 1.5 fluid ounce Chambord (raspberry liqueur)
- 1 twist of orange zest
In an old-fashioned glass over ice, combine raspberry vodka, strawberry vodka, and lemon-lime soda. Float raspberry liqueur on top. garnish with a twist of orange and you got yourself one tasty and romantic beverage.
(via All Recipes)
5. Love Potion
- 1-ounce vodka
- 1-ounce Amaretto
- 1-ounce peach schnapps
- 1-ounce orange juice
- 1-ounce cranberry juice
Mix all ingredients in a mixing tin to make it frothy. Pour into glass and add ice. Then prepare yourself for one magical evening and maybe a hangover.
- 1/2oz cherry brandy
- 1/2oz vanilla vodka (or regular vodka)
- 2-3oz milk (depending on the size of the martini glass...you probably one a big one)
Mix and shake on ice, strain, top with milk froth, then
garnish with a cherry. You'll have your significant other purring like a kitten before you know it.
(via Booze Mixer)
7. Bésame (Kiss Me)
- 2 lime wedges
- 5-6 raspberries
- 1 1/2 ounces Agavero
- Passion fruit juice
- Dash of Chambord
Combine limes and raspberries in a highball glass. Add Agavero. Top off with passion fruit juice. Add a splash of Chambord. Pour this mix into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well. Strain back into the highball glass. Do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around.
(via About Food)
8. His and Hers Cocktails
This is a fun little cocktail that requires both of you to mix it.
- 2 fluid ounces of vanilla vodka
- 1 fluid ounce of hazelnut liqueur
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1 fluid ounce of raspberry vodka
- 1 fluid ounce creme de cacao
- 1 teaspoon chocolate syrup
- 1 fluid ounce half-and-half cream
- 2 maraschino cherries
1. Prepare his cocktail by pouring the vanilla vodka and hazelnut liqueur into a rocks glass over ice. Pour the contents of the glass into a cocktail shaker, then pour back into the rocks glass to mix.
2. Prepare her cocktail by pouring the raspberry vodka and creme de cacao into a cocktail shaker over ice. Cover, and shake until the outside of the shaker has frosted. Strain into a martini glass rimmed with chocolate syrup, pour in the half-and-half, and garnish with maraschino cherries.
3. Kiss to mix flavors. Just make sure there are no cooties involved.
(via All Recipes)
9. French Kiss
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce Chambord raspberry liquor
- 1/2 ounce Creme de Cacao (White or Dark)
- 1/2 ounce cream
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- raspberries (for garnish)
- chocolate curls (garnish)
Combine vodka, Chambord, creme de cacao, and cream in a shaker with ice. Shake well. Strain into a chilled cordial or cocktail glass. Top with a dollop of whipped cream. Add chocolate curls and a raspberry on top. Slip into something a little more comfortable, and enjoy.
10. Sweet Surrender
- 1/2 oz. Peach Brandy
- 1 oz. Orange Juice
Rub the rim of a champagne flute with an orange slice and dip it into sugar. Sounds kinky. Pour peach brandy and orange juice. Fill it with champagne. Be sure to test champagne for quality a few times during this process.
(via Good Cocktails)
So, there you have it. These 10 cocktail ideas will more than likely score you some brownie points with your significant other. If it doesn't, then just drop them like a bad habit. Happy Valentine's Day.
Townsquare Media reminds you to please drink responsibly.