An Exclusive Tour of Ice Skating in the Pines in Lufkin, Texas
It's Finally Here!
It's time for Ice Skating in the Pines at the Pitser Garrison Convention Center in Lufkin. It opens at 2 pm on Saturday, December 3, and will continue through Sunday, January 8. So, you will have the entire Christmas holiday and beyond to enjoy this first-time event in Lufkin.
How would you like a first look and a tour of the venue? Find out everything you need to know with an exclusive video at the end of this post.
Is This Real Ice or Faux Ice?
This is 100% genuine ice...3,300 square feet of real frozen water.
Visit Lufkin along with the City of Lufkin and Visit Lufkin contracted with California-based Ice-America to bring a 3,300-square-foot ice arena to the Pitser Garrison Convention Center’s Angelina Room. The arena is real ice, not an alternative surface like plastic, according to City of Lufkin Marketing Director Tara Hendrix.
“We are so excited to bring a real ice-skating opportunity to Lufkin without the need to travel two or three hours out of town,” Hendrix said. “From Christmas décor and music to lights, hot chocolate, and even jolly old Saint Nick himself – we hope this event creates wonderful holiday memories for the young and young at heart.”
Even if you've never ice skated before, the venue will have special training devices to help beginners. See the video below for more details on that.
Up to 80 skaters will be allowed at a time and a mini-Zamboni will run hourly to smooth the ice. There will also be special themed nights and pictures with Santa. Standpipe will also be on hand to serve delicious coffee and hot cocoa.
This is not only a great event for friends and families, but how about a school field trip, church youth or adult group outing, or maybe a corporate Christmas party complete with access to the Texas Room?
For more information and operating hours, or to buy tickets go to VisitLufkin.com.
Ticket pricing (45-minute skating session INCLUDES ice skate rental):
- $12.95 for children 12 years and under
- $16.95 for 12 years and older online tickets
- $18.95 for 12 years and older in person
- Reservations are required and ticket holders MUST show up 15 minutes prior to their ice-skating session.
- NO LATE ENTRY IS PERMITTED.
- This ticket is valid ONLY on the specific date and time shown on the ticket that you have selected based on availability. This ticket is valid for one – 45-minute ice skating session. This ticket includes your ice-skating session and ice-skate rental. Skate aids and helmets are available on a first-come, first-served basis for an additional charge.
- Socks are mandatory for this ice skate rental. A limited supply will be on sale. Waiver for ice skating must be signed prior to entry into the ice arena.
- Ice skating participants must be able to stand/walk alone without assistance. The minimum shoe requirement is youth size 8. If the participant’s shoe size is smaller than youth size 8, skating will not be permitted.
- Ice skating sessions are available every evening - rain or shine!
Ice Skating in the Pines in Lufkin, Texas