Please, for the love of all things good in the world, do not treat yourself with animal de-wormer in an effort to combat the coronavirus.

I'm honestly really worried that these things even need to be stated, but apparently they do.

According to a report from the FDA, some people are trying to treat and prevent COVID-19 with an animal de-wormer called Ivermectin.

I think the FDA said it best when they tweeted:

"You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, y'all. Stop it."

Ivermectin is used in animals to prevent heart-worm disease, as well as certain internal and external parasites.

The FDA writes:

"Animal drugs are often highly concentrated because they are used for large animals like horses and cows, which can weigh a lot more than we do—a ton or more. Such high doses can be highly toxic in humans. "

Get our free mobile app

Now, there are actually Ivermectin tablets that are approved by the FDA to treat people with intestinal strongyloidiasis and onchocerciasis, which are two conditions caused by parasitic worms.

But guess what - the coronavirus isn't a parasitic worm.

Never use medications intended for animals on yourself. Ivermectin preparations for animals are very different from those approved for humans. Taking large doses of this drug is dangerous and can cause serious harm.

I really do not understand AT ALL why people would choose to ingest animal medication when the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine has been fully approved by the FDA to prevent COVID-19.

It's almost as bad as when people were ingesting bleach last year.

CHECK IT OUT: Here's how to stop your glasses from fogging while wearing a face mask

 

 

 

How to Sew a Face Mask

More From KUSJ-FM