Public Service Announcement: Drinking bleach and other household disinfectants is extremely dangerous and does not cure COVID-19.


No ingiera cloro ni otros productos desinfectantes. No previene ni protege contra el coronavirus y puede ser...

Posted by Texas Poison Center Network on Friday, August 21, 2020

According to the Texas Poison Center Network, there has been a 70% increase in calls related to cleaning products and disinfectants. Now, I would truly love to believe that the average person over the age of 7 is aware that ingesting cleaning products is harmful and dangerous, but the facts say that I would be wrong.

So here we are, once again going over some basic "DO NOT'S."


  • drink bleach or household cleaners
  • touch a hot iron
  • consume crayons
  • place coins inside your mouth, nose, or ears
  • put your finger in an electrical socket
  • cross the street without looking both ways
  • jump off a bridge because your friend did

Now that our "DO NOT" list is taken care of, we can go over a couple things that you should do.


  • wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds with soap and water
  • wear a mask to prevent COVID-19 exposure to yourself and others
  • put a safe distance of 6 ft between you and others
  • cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough
  • teach children that ingesting household chemicals is dangerous
 If you think someone has ingested a toxic or poisonous substance call 1-800-222-1222 right away. Do not wait for the victim to look or feel sick. Do not try to treat the person yourself. The Texas Poison Control Hotline is available 24/7.

Thanks, and stay tuned for more tips and tricks.

KUSJ-FM logo
Enter your number to get our free mobile app

Dogs Being Trained to Detect COVID-19



More From KUSJ-FM