Drivers Along Highway 190 Through Killeen Should Expect Delays
The growing pains continue through Killeen on CenTex Expressway. As the highway and access roads continue to grow closer to completion, we're certainly a long way from the inconvenience coming to an end.
This time it'll be the access roads on the west side of Killeen needing to be closed for final preparations before opening.
TEMPORARY LANE CLOSURES – US 190 Expansion Project Area – Killeen
WACO – The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) will temporarily close portions of US 190, within the Expansion Project Area, Sunday, August 9th thru Thursday, August 13th, 2015, weather permitting.
The closures will take place from 7:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 9TH
- Westbound Right Lane and Entrance and Exit Ramps from WS Young to TJ Mills – CLOSED for pavement striping.
- Eastbound Left Lane from Willow springs to SH 195 (Fort Hood Street) – Closed to remove concrete traffic barrier.
MONDAY, AUGUST 10TH
- Eastbound Frontage Road from Willow Springs to SH 195 – CLOSED for Final asphalt Overlay.
- Eastbound right lane and Entrance and Exit Ramps from Clear Creek to SH 195 – CLOSED to remove concrete traffic barrier.
TUESDAY, AUGUST 11TH
- Right lane of TJ Mills/Spur 172 from the FH Visitors Center to US 190 – CLOSED for asphalt overlay.
TUESDAY, AUGUST 11TH thru THURSDAY AUGUST 13th
- Westbound left lane from Willow Springs to Clear Creek – Closed to paint barrier wall.
Motorists can expect some congestion and temporary delays. Alternate routes are advised, if possible.