Here are the Ten Worst Excuses for Being Late for Work
We've all had that last-minute "issue" that pops up in the morning. Whether your excuse is valid or not, an excuse is an excuse. I hope your excuses are better than these from CareerBuilder.com.
1. "I woke up on someone else's front lawn, two blocks from my house."
2. "My cat got stuck in the toilet."
3. "I got to work, but then fell asleep in my car."
4. "I put superglue in my eye instead of saline solution, and had to go to the hospital."
5. "I thought we didn't have to work on Halloween."
6. "Some rain came through a hole in the roof and got my alarm clock wet, so it didn't go off."
7. "I was watching something on TV and REALLY wanted to see the end."
8. "I got a hairbrush stuck in my hair."
9. "I had a really scary nightmare."
10. "A zebra was running down the highway and held up traffic." Although that one supposedly turned out to be TRUE.