Baskets of Food and Fun at Killeen, Texas Easter Egg Hunt April 14th
Feel like you've missed out on all the Easter fun? Don't turn into a basket case!
Festivities begin at 5:30 p.m., and the hunt starts at 6:30 p.m. There will be thousands of eggs to find, and the hunts will be sorted into age groups.
The age groups will include the following:
- Adaptive 0-25
Where is the Killeen Athletic Complex?
The hunt will take place at the Killeen Athletic Complex on 2201 East Veterans Memorial Blvd, in Killeen, Texas.
The Easter Bunny will be available for photo ops, and there will be food trucks, face painting, and much more. The event is free, but children should bring their own baskets.
Fun Facts About Easter
Americans spend $1.9 billion on Easter candy, the second biggest candy holiday after Halloween, according to dosomething.org.
More Easter trivia:
- 70% of Easter candy purchased is chocolate.
- 76% of Americans think the ears of a chocolate bunny should be eaten first.
- Egg dyes were once made out of natural items such as onion peels, flowers, and juices.
- The first story of a rabbit (later named the 'Easter Bunny') hiding eggs in a garden was published in 1680.
- The 'White House Easter Egg Roll' has been celebrated since 1878 by the President of the United States and their families.