A Fort Worth man is dead after injuries he sustained when an e-cigarette exploded in his face.

KWTX News 10 reports A North Texas Tarrant County medical examiner reports that William Brown of Fort Worth died due to injuries caused by shrapnel from an exploding e-cigarette which severed Brown's carotid artery and peppered his skull.

Brown was at a Keller, Texas Vape shop trying out a vaporizer pen when the accident occurred. Brown passed away two days after the accident.

Accidents like this one are not all that uncommon. The same thing happened in Florida in 2018 when a 38-year-old St. Petersburg man was killed last May. Tallmadge D'Elia was also using a vape pen when an explosion happened that sent fragments of the pen into his skull while burning about 80 percent of his body. That death was ruled an accident.

[button href="http://us105fm.com/vip/" title="Join the US 105 Nation" align="center"

More From KUSJ-FM