Northbound I-35 Traffic Stalled in Troy Monday Afternoon
UPDATE 4:16 PM: TxDOT reports that a 3-vehicle crash caused the traffic hangup. They have not commented upon the severity of the crash, but did confirm that the scene was clear and traffic had returned to normal.
UPDATE 3:24 PM: Traffic appears to moving smoothly again. TxDOT has not announced a clearing of the scene, but camera images and reports from listeners indicate clear northbound lanes.
Northbound I-35 traffic through Troy was extremely slow Monday afternoon after an incident near Big Elm Creek.
TxDOT officials estimated that traffic was backed up from 2 to 4 miles, and that drivers could expect delays of as long as 10 minutes.
They recommended the alternative route below:
1. Exit 304 to Loop 363
2. Turn left and drive 4.0 miles to SH 36
3. Turn right and drive 3.75 miles to SH 317
4. Turn right and drive 11.0 mile to SH 7/FM 107
5. Turn right and drive 6.75 miles to I-35
6. Turn left and drive to on-ramp.