Major Delays Expected During Road Work In Killeen Texas
The city of Killeen recently announced several roadways would be receiving much needed pavement markings. The fresh coat of paint will having your favorite commute looking like a whole different route before it kicks in you're on your way to work, again.
When will the road closures occur?
The roads will be closed today, February 20th until complete. Some roadways will take longer than others, and closures and delays will vary accordingly. According to the City of Killeen's Public Works' Transportation Division, "Service will result in various lane closures throughout the day and entire road closures may occur during this project."
Where will the lane closures happen?
Our friends with KCEN-TV were kind enough to list the following roadways:
- Twin Creek Drive - From Veterans Memorial Boulevard to Rancier Avenue
- Old Farm to Market 440 - From Central Texas Expressway to Stan Schlueter Loop
- Brandy Loop - From Fort Hood Street to Fort Hood Street
- Desert Willow Drive - From Clear Creek Road to Bachelor Button Boulevard
- Elms Road - From Windfield Drive to Clear Creek Road
- Judson Avenue - From Deputy Drive to Stan Schlueter Loop
- W. S. Young Drive - From Elms Road to 3004 W. S. Young Dr.
- W. S. Young Drive - From Illinois Avenue to Interstate 14
- W. S. Young Drive - From Central Texas Expressway to Veterans Memorial Boulevard
Why do the roads need markings?
Mostly the roads are being painted for visibility. Occasionally lane changes also necessitate the need to remark the road.
What can we expect during the road remarking?
Killeen authorities want you to keep an eye out for changes to the normal settings like, "A series of traffic control devices in place to guide motor vehicles around the work zone and closure. Motorists are encouraged to use caution, obey traffic control devices, and consider an alternate route during street maintenance."