Texas Owner Accidently Shot by Dog
Ever heard that saying like a dog with a bone? Well how about a dog with a gun?
According to a Facebook post from the Plano Police Department, a man in Texas was accidently shot by his pup.
I mean, it's probably not funny, but I definitely laughed about this. The wound was superficial, so no worries y'all.
The man was picking up his dog, when the pup's paw got stuck on the trigger, and POW! The gun was not in a holster and was merely tucked into his waistband.
The bullet went right through the man's thigh. No word on if charges will be pressed against the pup. That's a joke by the way, but gun safety most definitely is not a joke. Although, it's not the dog's fault that his owner was being careless. Is anyone calling the ASPCA? What about PETA?
In all seriousness though, if you own a gun and are licensed to carry please remember to be safe, not only for yourself, but for the safety of others.
Here are some tips from the Plano Police Department:
- When you are carrying your firearm, make sure you have a holster that is safe and protects the trigger from any inadvertent discharges.
- When you are not carrying your firearm, store it in a gun safe or other locking device to keep them out of the hands of others.
- Always assume the weapon is loaded and treat it as such.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until the weapon is ready to be fired.
- Practice, practice, practice. Know your weapon, how and when to use it, and be a smart and responsible gun owner.
I guess the saying "guns don't kill people, people kill people," doesn't apply here. Oops, my bad, that's the last joke I have.