Wiring Issue Causes Fire at Sol Del Jalisco Restaurant in Temple
A fire caused by bad wiring made things extra spicy at a Temple Tex-Mex restaurant Monday afternoon.
Temple Fire and Rescue crews were dispatched to Sol De Jalisco #3 at 8774 West Adams Avenue at 12:15 PM. When they arrived, firefighters spotted light smoke coming from the roof line of the restaurant. They determined the fire was confined to the front wall of the business near the sign and were able to extinguish it quickly.
No one was inside when firefighters did their work, and no injuries were reported. The fire was completely out by 12:44 PM, and firefighters cleared the scene by 1:27 PM. The front exterior of the restaurant suffered some fire damage though, and there was light water damage to the inside. The estimated monetary loss was $3,500.
No other businesses were damaged.
Temple Fire Department Investigators determined that the fire was caused by improper electrical wiring.
Firefighters from Belton, Temple EMS, and Temple police were also at the scene. Our emergency responders don't get Labor Day off, and we'd like to thank them for looking out for us.